To get started, choose from one of the following options listed below. Make sure to follow the admissions checklist to be certain we have everything we need to process your application.
- Freshman Applicants: Admission Success Pathways for first-time college students start here.
- Transfer Applicants: If you’re transferring from another college or
university, start here.
- International: If you have citizenship outside of the U.S. or you do not yet hold U.S. Permanent Resident status, start here.
- Readmission: If you are an admitted degree-seeking student who has not enrolled in any course at the University for three (3) or more consecutive terms.
- Non-Degree: Students who need to complete pre-requisites for another program and are currently not enrolled in a degree seeking program at FIU or want to take a few courses at FIU but not obtain a Bachelor and/or Masters degree.
Dates & Deadlines
Admissions decisions are made on a space-available basis as applications are completed and all supporting documents are recieved. In order to be invited to apply for merit scholarships you must be admitted prior to November 1 and meet minimum scholarship criteria.
Application Deadlines for 2018 - 2019
Early Fall/Summer B
Last SAT/ACT Considered for Admission
December 2 - SAT
February 10 - ACT
Types of Transportation Available to Campus
Miami International Airport is 8 miles (a 15-minute drive) from the Modesto Maidique campus. Super Shuttles and taxis (305-444-4444 or 305-888-8888) are available for the ride from the airport to the Biscayne and Modesto Maidique. Amtrak trains and Greyhound/Trailways buses serve Miami. Greyhound has several stations in the Miami area, including one in N. Miami Beach. Uber and Lyft options are also available.
Driving Instructions to Campus
To reach the Modesto Maidique Campus from 826 (Palmetto Expressway) take 826 north or south to SW 8th St. exit (Tamiami Trail) and head west. Proceed on 8th St. to SW 112th Ave. Turn left. From I-95 take I-95 north or south to 836 (Dolphin Expressway) and head west. Continue on 836 west to the NW 107th Ave. South exit. Proceed on 107th Ave. to SW 8th St. (Tamiami Trail). Turn right proceed on 8th St. to SW 112th Ave. Turn left. From the Florida Tpke. take the Florida Tpke. to SW 8th St. exit (Tamiami Trail) and head east. Proceed on SW 8th St. to SW 112th Ave. Turn right. To reach the Biscayne Campus from Miami take I-95 north to 135th St. Head east to U.S. 1. Head north to 151st St. Turn right. From Ft. Lauderdale: Take I-95 south to 163rd St. Head east to U.S. 1. Head south to 151st St. Turn left.
Florida International University has two campuses: one is in Biscayne and the other, the Modesto Maidique campus, is in the southern part of Miami, just southwest of the airport. Since the primary admissions office is at the Modesto Maidique campus, seek out nearby lodgings focused there. Options include: Comfort Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, and La Quinta. There may also be viable Airbnb options available. Check company websites for the best available rates and options for stay.