I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tech Mahindra (Hyderabad) in October 2016.
There were 4 rounds. Every round is an elimination.
1. Written Test - It is an online test. You need to answer 75 questions in 50 min. You have 7 sections and also sectional cutoff. Basic knowledge of aptitude and English can help you. Practice aptitude in indiabix. Many questions are from indiabix. But time management is the major factor.
2. Story writing - Here you will be shown a picture. You have to write a story based on the picture. You should concentrate on spelling mistakes and grammar for this round. You will be given 15 mins to complete your story. But the word limit is 200 and character limit is 1200. So you have to wind up the story below this.
3. Technical - I am from ECE. So, most of the questions are of electronics. They also asked me some basic questions in C like what are arrays, functions etc., and the difference between C and Java as I included C and Java in my resume. For CSE/IT students the questions are on C and Java.
You can get through this round if you have good communication skills and some basic knowledge about programming.
4. HR - This is the final round. The questions asked are tell about yourself, where you want to see yourself in next 5 years, advantages and disadvantages of joining Tech Mahindra. They will only check your communication skills in this round. Remember to know about the company before attending the interview.
Good Luck :)
About Tech Mahindra Company Pattern 2016
Tech Mahindra’s Company Pattern 2016 consists of 4 rounds, they are the Online Written Round, the Story Writing Round, the Technical Round, and the Human Resource Round.
The Story Writing Round (Image Writing)
Tech Mahindra’s Story Writing Round is the second round of the Tech Mahindra Pattern 2016. It is also referred to as the image-writing round. This round consists of one essay type question. The duration of the round is 15 minutes. The question contains a picture for which the candidate needs to write a story that describes it. The Story Writing Round also is also conducted online. The story must only contain 1,200 characters, including spaces. This approximately comes upto 200 words. The Story Writing round is conducted to test the candidate’s literary skills. The candidate's grammar, punctuation, and spellings will be assessed in this round. This round does not have a cut-off, the result of this test will declare whether the candidate is eligible for the job role, or not.
Examples of Questions for the Story Writing Round
The questions for the Story Writing Round consists of an image. The common images given in this round are that of a farewell party, a sad girl sitting outside a library, a poster put up in a school or any other simple image that can be described.
Preparation Tips for Tech Mahindra’s Story Writing Round
If you are wondering how to prepare for the Story Writing Round, here are some tips that will help you:
- Select a picture on the internet, or find an image from comics, newspapers and story books
- Open a word document and try describing the picture within the character limit and the specified timeframe for the round
- Read stories, this will help you improve your descriptions
- It is better to use simple language while writing in this round.
Click here to get access to Tech Mahindra Recruitment: Most Repeated Tech Mahindra Aptitude Test Questions.
We wish you all the best for the Tech Mahindra Recruitment Drive 2016.